RECOGNITION OF PARTNERS AND COMMUNITY SUPPORTERS
The Brain Cancer Group is extremely fortunate to have generous and committed partners and supporters who share our values and vision to improve patient outcomes “From Care2Cure”. Without their support, we would be unable to deliver our programs or achieve our objectives.
The establishment of The Brain Cancer Group would not have been possible without ongoing support from the North Shore Private Hospital to promote excellence in Neuro-oncological treatments.
Mark Hughes Foundation (MHF)
The MHF are significant contributors to The Brain Cancer Group research program. On the back of their highly successful “Beanies for Brain Cancer” campaign, and other fundraising efforts, MHF has awarded over $1 million to our researchers. MHF have supported the following research:
- Dr. Kelly McKelvey’s Matt Callander Beanie for Brain Cancer HMRI Fellowship (funded by the Mark Hughes Foundation)
- PHD Project : Laying the Foundations of improved Treatments for IDH-Mutated Glioma
- Pre-Clinical Therapeutic Pipeline in Brain Cancer
- Dr. Amanda Hudson’s project Teaching an old drug new tricks: Can we re-purpose an old drug as a new brain cancer treatment?
- Travel grants for national and international conferences
- Supporting The Brain Cancer Group – Collaborative Care facilitated Neuro Oncology Networking Meeting for Nurses and Allied Health
White Pearl Foundation (WPF)
The fundraising initiatives adopted by this Foundation, previously the White Pearl Fundraiser, have provided invaluable financial support to many of the projects undertaken by TBCG. Founder, Suzane Peponis-Brisimis, has been a Board member of TBCG since 2016.
Inspired by the dedication and seamless, exceptional care provided by members of TBCG’s clinical team to her mother Christina Peponis, during her 15-month journey with a Glioblastoma Multiforme, Suzane began raising funds and awareness for TBCG’s Research Pillar in early 2014.
Following a number of smaller events, the inaugural annual White Pearl Ball was held in 2015. Some direct results from this initiative include:
- Alcatel-mobile’s sponsorship, $35,000, of PhD student Angela Cho.
- Seed funding, contributing 50% towards the establishment of Dr Kelly McKelvey’s position – the other 50% was provided by Sydney Vital. Dr McKelvey soon after applied for and was granted a 3-year Matt Callander Research Fellowship by the Mark Hughes Foundation to continue her research.
- Equipment purchased by supporters of the White Pearl Foundation include Muse Cell Analyser, 3 laptops, Qubit 3 Fluorometers, Gentle Macs Dissociator for the laboratory and an International Travel Scholarship.
- Purchase of Elispot Reader ($160,000)
Breakfast for Brain Cancer
On International Women’s Day, March 8th 2019, WPF launched Breakfast for Brain Cancer. Individuals, companies, associations and other organisations are invited to hold their own Breakfasts for Brain Cancer with the assurance that 100% of all funds raised will reach the lab. Please get in touch if you would like to participate or hold your own event.
- Alfieris Foundation
- AMP Capital
- Arab Bank Australia
- Athanase Yenibis Foundation
- Chris Recny Foundation
- Eurolinx Pty Ltd
- Generous Estate donations
- Greek Orthodox All Saints Parish of Belmore
- Macquarie Giving Foundation
- Martin and Sindy Viney
- Northern Sydney Cancer Centre
- North Shore Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- NSW Lions Parliamentary Club
- Pan Arcadian Foundation of NSW
- Peter Goodridge
- Skipper Jacobs Charitable Trust
- Society Photography
- Sydney Fragrance
- The Unsworth Foundation
- Generous donations from the public
- All Members