MAKE A DONATION
You can securely pay via credit card or direct debit through PayPal even if you don’t have a PayPal account.
If you do not wish to donate online, please download, print & fill out this form as an alternative.
The Brain Cancer Group is a Registered Charity which was founded in 2000 and is administrated by a Board of Directors. Brain cancer receives less than 5% of government funding in comparison to other cancers. TBCG receives no government funding, all funds are donated by the community through fundraising initiatives and donations. 100% of all monies raised through donations go directly into brain tumour research, education and patient support.
Since 2005, TBCG has treated more than 1000 patients with newly diagnosed malignant brain tumours and this number continues to grow.
TBCG has enabled the following through the groups initiatives:
- Ongoing support for patients and their families through education packages providing vital information about brain tumours and patient/carer support associations.
- The group has developed a Brain Cancer Support Group.
- TBCG is involved in various research groups and clinical drug trials, radiotherapy and surgical techniques.
- In collaboration with the Kolling Institute of Medical Research, the Group has established the brain tumour tissue bank. The brain tumour samples are collected and exposed to genetic analysis. In January 2012, more than 1100 tumours have been banked.
- TBCG is proud to fund the position of a Neuro-Oncology Nurse Practitioner and a Neuro-Oncology Cancer Nurse Coordinator. This role provides patients and families with acute and ongoing coordination of care throughout their diagnosis.
Make a donation today that will fund research to help increase survival time of brain cancer patients. It’s not every day that you’re able to do something so amazing.
All donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible. If you have any questions, please contact our team on 02 8425 3369.