PILLAR 2- EDUCATION – Driving awareness, sharing expertise, increasing access
To help drive awareness amongst the healthcare community we are focused on providing healthcare professionals with access to educational material relating to brain cancer. This increased awareness and education will improve patient outcomes.
We also promote awareness amongst our patients, their families and the broader community.
- We are working with Brain Tumour Alliance Australia (BTAA) to support and provide education to patients and carers
- We are hosting an inaugural Scientific Meeting in October 2019 in line with COGNO (Cooperative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology). The content presented at this Scientific Meeting will contribute to the development of an online educational curriculum that will be available to healthcare professionals.
- We host an annual Brain Cancer Awareness Raising event at NSW Parliament House during Brain Cancer Action week in May.
- A crossover between our Education and Support Pillars is our Clinical Care Co-ordinator Conference at which we provide educational resources to future Clinical Care Co-ordinators
- We present at medical and research conferences
- We present at community events